Long term Volunteers can join organizations that:
- Focus on animal welfare. Volunteers in Colombia works together with an animal shelter that accommodates cats and dogs that for various reasons no longer have an owner. Because there is not enough staff, the dogs are often inside all day. You can let the dogs out as a volunteer, so he or she can play outside and get some fresh air. If your knowledge of the Spanish language is sufficient, you can also do administrative work.
- Giving English classes. Volunteers in Colombia cooperates with a number of NGOs that also accept short term Volunteers. You can volunteer here to support the English classes that are given weekly by these organizations in different neighbourhoods in Medellin.
- We have several organizations where you as a professional can teach English. The content and structure of the lessons will be provided by you, in consultation with the NGO. You can teach young adults and/or adults.
- Helping with the daily activities in a care home.
- Give computer lessons to young adults.
- Develop your own project. There are volunteers who have set up music lessons, sports lessons, online marketing courses, CRM and ICT systems at NGOs with which Volunteers in Colombia is collaborating.
- Help organizing the administration if your Spanish is advanced.
- Helping with fundraising.
- The graphic design of a corporate identity, such as logos, stationery and digital media or optimizing websites for usability and search engines.
- Working with children in children's homes.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY!